Monday, February 23, 2015

Academy Awards 2015: My Picks For Best Dressed!

Last night was the 87th Academy Awards in Los Angeles, and being a big lover of film, you know I was watching every moment of it. From the pre-red carpet shows, to the Vanity Fair party afterwards on Snapchat, I was bombarded by Oscar coverage, and I loved it. My favorite part of the whole show, without question, is the red carpet & the fashion. Today, I am bringing you my Top 5 picks for Best Dressed at the show!


Rosamund Pike in Givenchy



I honestly cannot get over this dress, or her for that matter. I've been a fan of Rosamund since Pride and Prejudice, and Gone Girl tops the list of my favorite movies from this past year. She looked so regal, so beautiful, and even though wearing red-on-red on a red carpet is a risk, she pulled it off seamlessly. 



Emma Stone in Elie Saab



I have so much love for Emma, as she is my favorite actress, but she really wowed last night on the carpet. I'm a sucker for anything Elie Saab, and this dress was just incredible. The color is not one most can pull off, but she looked so incredible!




Julianne Moore in custom Chanel


I adore Julianne Moore, and when she arrived on the carpet, everyone knew that this was it: the Best Actress dress, the one that will be iconic for many years to come. She was so deserving of the award, and I am absolutely obsessed with this dress. Maybe Karl Lagerfeld making a custom dress just for you is a good luck charm?



Meryl Streep in Lanvin



I could write a trilogy of books on why I love Meryl Streep so much; she has inspired me in so many ways, and is the most glamorous person to grace this Earth (in my opinion). I cannot fathom how much I love that she took a risk on the carpet, with this blazer and skirt combo. She's never been one to conform to whatever else is happening, and I think she looked absolutely stunning. 



Felicity Jones in Alexander McQueen





There were A LOT of mixed reviews on this dress; it seems like people either absolutely loved it, or despised it. I am apart of the group that loved it (hence, why she is on my Best Dressed list!). Felicity is not like most actresses we've seen recently, and I truly admire that about her. I first saw her in my favorite romance movie of all time, Like Crazy, and I just knew that one day she would make it big. I love the way this dress looks on her; most people could not pull this off, but I think it was the perfect fit for Felicity and her first Oscars red carpet.



Notable Mentions: 

Anna Kendrick in Thakoon
Kerry Washington in Miu Miu
Margot Robbie in Saint Laurent
Keira Knightley in Valentino
Dakota Johnson in Saint Laurent 















No comments:

Post a Comment