Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Favorites

February is already over? What? Oh right, we only have 28 days in this month... As March approaches, that means it's time for my monthly favorites! This is my first installment of this on this blog, but this will be a regular thing, towards the end of every month! These are products I've used, books I've read, music I've been listening to, and everything else, really. Without further ado, here are my February favorites!





First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: I've heard so many wonderful things about this brand (carried exclusively at Sephora), so when I was purchasing some items from there, I felt like I had to give at least something a try. I'm starting out with the $12 tube, but I will definitely be purchasing the larger size. This cream is incredible; it absorbs so quickly, it soothes, it hydrates, and it's not greasy at all. All skin types would benefit from this product, and I really do love it! I'm almost done with the tube that I purchased.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz: Another product that I've heard rave reviews about! I truly cherish my eyebrows and want them to be as strong as possible, and this achieves that with ease. I do wish I had gotten a shade darker (my eyebrows are much darker than my hair), but other than that, I have no complaints. The spoolie on the opposite end works wonderful, too.


The Last Five Years: This Jason Robert Brown musical has always been one of my favorites, and when I heard Anna Kendrick & Jeremy Jordan would be starring in the movie adaptation, I'm pretty sure I cried. I pre-ordered the soundtrack, and boy oh boy am I glad I did. Their voices fit so well together, and they each bring something new to the characters of Jamie and Cathy. The movie itself was not playing anywhere near where I live, so I took some drastic measures and watched it online. It was everything I hoped, and more. If you love A) musicals, and B) heartbreaking love stories... this movie is for you.


Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children: I honestly could not put this book down. I finished it within 24 hours of picking it up, and I'm halfway through the second book in the series ("Hollow City"). The story follows Jacob Portman as he is lead on a hunt to find out what truly happened in his grandfather's life, and it takes turns that Jacob never thought possible. Ransom Riggs is such an incredible writer, and his story telling is so vivid. I am so excited for the movie, coming out in 2016 and directed by Tim Burton. If you love a good, creepy story, definitely pick this one up.


The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter: Can we talk about how amazing this smells? In fact, how amazing EVERYTHING in The Body Shop smells?! I managed to wander into one while out shopping on a weekend trip, and how convent: they were having a Buy Three, Get Three sale. I picked this one up, along with another body butter and a perfume, but this stuff hydrates my body like no other. I have very dry skin (except on my face, which I find strange), and after using the body butter, I have never felt softer. Such a good deal for $20, as this stuff lasts you forever.


I hope y'all enjoyed my monthly favorites! Check back at the end of March for a new set of em
:)











No comments:

Post a Comment