Friday, February 20, 2015

Product Reviews: MAC, Revlon, Benefit & More!

Hello everyone! So technically, I guess this is my first legit post! Woo hoo! I thought I would start off today with something I love doing: product reviews! I posted this exact review on my Tumblr page (which is here if anyone is interested in checking that out!), and I thought I would put it up here! I love trying out new products, and I'm lucky enough to have the capabilities of trying out pretty much anything I want. I am by no means trying to brag by posting things such as this, I just want to get the word out to everyone who is interested in what these products have to offer! The reviews will be on the following pictured, from left to right :)




MAC ProLongwear Paintpot in 'Painterly'

I purchased this lil guy with high hopes; I had heard good things about it from one of my favorite YouTuber’s (velvetgh0st), and I love it. It is worth every penny. It covers the veins on my eyelids, and gives them a nice neutral wash of color while staying put for hours. It's a very smooth formula, and I really like how I can wear it alone, or as a primer and top it off with eyeshadows or pigments!

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in 'Sultry'

I have loved these matte lipsticks/pencils for so long, and this was just another addition to my ever-growing collection. I have about five of them currently, but I was looking for a dupe for tarte’s matte lipsurgence tint in Envy, and I found it in this! And for about $14 cheaper? Yes please. Just like tarte's, it's a much deeper yet natural color for my lips, only better.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in 'Light'

Another product I heard about through many YouTubers, and although my dark circles aren’t too severe, I really enjoy this! The sponge applicator makes it very easy, although to distribute the product it does take some twisting of the cap, and the formula blends like a dream. Just make sure to set with a powder so nothing creases! I like to use either my Rimmel Stay Matte or the shade 'Banana' in the Anastasia Contour Kit.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in 'Blackest Black'

I grabbed this product as an impulse buy at Target because it was on sale (and with the gentle yet loving persuasion from my best friend, Annie). I had never seen it before, considering it’s relatively new, and to be honest, I didn’t expect too much. But to my surprise, I really love this product! This mascara truly does everything: lifts, curls, separates, volumizes without clumps, the whole sha-bang. I don’t need to curl my lashes beforehand, which makes this great when I need to be speedy in my makeup routine. If you have been thinking about giving this a try, I would go for it!

Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner

I had such high hopes for this eyeliner, I really did. I’m a huge fan of the They’re Real! Mascara, and when I saw this advertised, I wanted it in my greedy, makeup obsessed hands. Luckily for me, my mom beat me to the purchase, and gave it to me to try out first… First of all, the formula: it claims to be a gel, but it sure is the thickest gel I’ve ever used. It’s not smooth, and skips over my lash line and makes a mess. To get it to look even remotely decent, it takes a good 5 minutes and numerous coats. But then it crumbles! What?! Also, it felt like it took 15 years to get off with my makeup remover. I used makeup removed wipes, oil, and cream, and by the end of it there was still remnants on my eyes. I will continue to be loyal to Benefit products, but overall, I am not a fan of this.

Real Techniques 3-Piece Limited Edition Duo-Fiber Collection Makeup Brush Set

 I purchased these brushes at my local Kohls in a set for $20; the price alone was enough to convince me. I usually pay twice that amount for one brush (cough cough, MAC) … But I had heard great things about these, but so far, I haven’t noticed anything too special. They’re soft, and affordable, which is good enough for me. Maybe I’ll try some other Real Techniques brushes out soon!


I will have more reviews for you guys coming up relatively soon! I just took a large trip to Sephora, so of course that will be up & coming. I hope you enjoyed this post! Leave me a comment telling me what your current favorite products are!


No comments:

Post a Comment