Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Happy National Lipstick Day!

It is absolutely no secret that lip products are my favorite kind of makeup to wear and to buy. To my surprise, I woke up this morning to learn that today is actually National Lipstick Day! A whole day honoring just lipsticks? Sign me up. In honor of this lovely holiday, I've put together my five favorite lipsticks of all time. I won't lie, this was extremely difficult to pick just five, but I'm happy with my list!

Now, I'm a girl who LOVES a bright lip, so my picks are (what a surprise), all statement colors! I have yet to find a nude colored lipstick/lip color that works on me, so if you have any suggestions on a nude color for me, please let me know!




NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Indie Flick': I discovered this through one of my favorite YouTuber's, Ingrid Nilsen! She always wore it on camera and in pictures, so when she disclosed the shade, I had to have it. The color is so vibrant and beautiful, and the matte finish is perfect. It stays in place all day and the color is so intense, there's no need to reapply. AND! It's only $5.99!


MAC Lipstick in 'Ruby Woo': Described on the website as a matte blue-red, this shade is my essential red lipstick. MAC lipsticks are known as the quintessential lipstick, and for a good reason! There are over 100 shades to choose from, and tons of finishes. Ruby Woo stays in place from the moment I put it on my lips, and although can be a bit drying, nothing that would prevent me from buying it! At $16, a bit more spendy for a lipstick, but I think it's 100% worth it.


tarte Matte Lipsurgence Lip Tint in 'Envy': Now I know this isn't technically lipstick, but it is my favorite lip product of all time, so I had to include it. It is the absolutely perfect color for me; basically a better shade of lips. It smells incredible, feels incredible, and is just all around so great. Since it's not an actual lipstick, it does need to be reapplied a bit more often, but that's okay! The price tag ($24) is much higher than I'd like to spend, and although I found a dupe for this color,  I'll continue to purchase this guy.


Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in '107': Another beauty find through a YouTuber! This time, I found this through the wonderful Zoella. After an extremely extensive search in my town for this shade, I finally found it at Walmart for $4.97! It goes on so well, is surprisingly moisturizing for a matte lipstick, and the wine color is stunning. A great buy, and so is the rest of the Kate Moss collection! I have quite a few, but this is my favorite, so far!


Too Faced Melted Lipstick in 'Melted Velvet': I've already talked about this guy on the blog, so I'll keep this short and sweet. The color is incredible, and stays all day on my lips IF I put a lip balm underneath beforehand (which I always do anyways!). I'm such a sucker for red lips, and this is just a fantastic addition to my large collection!


Let me know which lipsticks and/or lip products you love down below, or tweet me here



No comments:

Post a Comment