Tuesday, December 1, 2015

12 Days of Blogmas: Day 1

WELCOME TO MY VERY FIRST BLOGMAS! Oh my goodness, I am so excited! Happy December, everyone, and I hope you're as excited for the holidays as I am. This month, I will be bringing you a new Christmas/Holiday related post every other day until December 25th! 




To start out this wonderful month full of holiday cheer, I'm bringing you the first part of my all-time favorite Christmas songs! I've always been a Christmas music lover; maybe because it just makes me feel so cheery, or maybe due to the fact that my high school jazz choir started rehearsing them for Christmas caroling in August... Regardless, I have lots of songs that I adore. Here are the first five!


1. "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey: This song is literally the epitome of Christmas and holiday cheer and feeling the love. Every time I hear the bells at the very beginning, I get so excited, you'd forget that I'm almost 20 years old. I have endless love for this song, so of course it's my number one pick!


2. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by Michael Bublé: Any song by Michael Bublé is good, any Christmas song sung by Michael Bublé is great, and this song is just incredible. I love his voice so much, and this song puts me in a great mood, no matter what time of year it is!


3. "Wonderful Christmastime" by The Shins: The Shins has always been one of my all-time favorite bands, and in 2012 when they put this cover out, I almost lost it. Their voices work perfectly with how they cover the song, and makes me very happy to be a fan. This is probably the Christmas song I listen to most, to be honest!


4. "Silver Bells" by Bing Crosby & Rosemary Clooney: This song is such a classic, and sung by two of the most talented artists ever. I love all of Bing Crosby's Christmas music, but this one has a very special place in my heart. It makes me want to be curled by a fireplace, wrapped in a blanket and drinking hot chocolate with a cute boy. Or, you know, a cute puppy.


5. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland: Anything by Judy Garland will be in my top ten anything, but this song is so beautiful. Her voice is so captivating, and her spin on this song is too perfect. I love singing this one in my car.


Day One of Blogmas is complete! Stay tuned for new posts every other day, and my other five favorite Christmas songs soon! 



3 comments:

  1. Baby Please Came Home was done by U2....a much better version...don't know who bubble is, but I'm sure U2 is better....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Please Come Home by Leighton Meester gives me life

    ReplyDelete