Thursday, December 17, 2015

12 Days of Blogmas: Day 9

Welcome to Blogmas Day Nine! We only have three more days left of Blogmas, so today I'm bringing you all a holiday appropriate makeup look. I don't normally wear a ton of colors on my eyes, but when I saw the sparkly navy blue in my Stila In the Light palette, I knew I had to do something with it! It's so beautiful, and is such a pretty blue; almost reminding me of the snow that is currently falling outside of my window.


(my name is Hannah & I'm great at awkward hand posing!)




As a base, I used MAC's 'Painterly' paint pot on my lids, and set that with the Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow in Brûlée (powder-on-powder is much easier to work with, while cream-on-powder is a bit tougher).

I then worked 'Bliss' into my crease to warm it up a bit, and to give a little definition to my lids. I then took 'Night Sky' (the beautiful blue) into the outer V's of my lids, and a bit on the lash line. I then took Stila's waterproof smudge stick in Bluefin, put a couple swipes of the color in the corner, and worked it into the color as well. (If you prefer a bolder look, wet your eyeshadow brush you're using beforehand! I'm not used to bright colors on my eyes, so I took this a bit more carefully than I would have a nude shadow). 


I blended out 'Night Sky' into 'Bliss' for a good bit of time, and when I was happy with the blended result, touched up my crease color once again. I then took MAC's 'Crystal Avalanche' as my inner corner highlight, and the Jumbo Eye Pencil from NYX in 'Milk" on my lower lashline. Looking back on this look, I wish I would've done a nude color in my lower lashline, but I embraced the bright, icy white. I then topped the eyes off with Benefit's Roller Lash mascara.







MAC Sheer/Presser Powder in 20 & 25


Stila In the Light Palette
*NOTE* I did not realize this until typing up this post, that this palette is no longer being made or sold on Stila's website! I found it here on ASOS, but it is extremely hard to find nowadays. Sorry about that, guys! 




I actually enjoyed wearing this eye look; I paired it with a slightly bronzed face (I'm pretty pale otherwise) and a nude lip (I used NYX Butter Lipstick in 'Pops'). I even got a compliment from my fellow blogger, Miss Hannah aka Broke & Fabulous! I hope you guys enjoyed this look, and if you have any other looks you want me to try, don't hesitate to ask! You can comment down below or tweet me! Stay tuned for Blogmas Day 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment