Monday, February 8, 2016

January 2016 Favorites

It's my first 2016 favorites post! I know it might be a bit late, but better late than never, right? This month was filled with lots of fun and adventure, and lots of new discoveries! Without further ado, let's get started!

It's no secret that I love music. I have been finding and loving so many new songs lately, that I thought I would bring a new feature to my monthly favorites post: A monthly playlist, straight from my Spotify! The list will consist of my 10 favorite songs of the month, and I'm excited to share with you all my first one.





As you might be able to tell, Oh Wonder was a big favorite this month. I saw them in concert, and have been playing them nonstop. Wanna know what I wore? Check out my last post, here!

Now for the rest of my favorites of the month!


I absolutely love these jeans, but I put them in here as a little tribute: right before class one day, they ripped right in the worst spot possible and are now unwearable. I am very sad, because these jeans are basically perfect. They're so comfy and go with everything, and they will be truly missed. I did purchase another pair, but I purchased a high waisted pair in the same color!

I am still in shock that I was able to purchase this palette. With it being highly praised by so many people and being noted as YouTuber Jaclyn Hill's favorite palette, it is ALWAYS out of stock. When Jaclyn posted on her Snapchat saying that it was available, I dropped what I was doing and purchased it. With the 10% discount code that Jaclyn has for being an affiliate with Morphe, it came out to about $30 (including shipping). When I received it, I was blown away: this palette is stunning. You get 35 buttery, blendable eyeshadows all in the warm family. I am absolutely obsessed, and I hope to have a tutorial inspired by this guy going up sometime this month! 

I'm the girl who likes to have things written down and planned out, so this Christmas gift from my Dad is wonderful. It's such a pretty Tiffany blue color, and the inside is gold & cream. It's been so beneficial for school, and I love it!

I've used this stuff for years, so why I'm just now putting it in a favorites is beyond me! Here in Oregon, the weather lately has been cold, leaving my pale legs dry as hell. When I use this body butter, it literally transforms my legs and moisturizes them so deeply. It smells of mangos, too, which is one of my favorite scents. Any scent from the body butter range is great, though! 

Since it's a new year, and since the snow hasn't been too awful here in Oregon, I've been taking advantage of the weather and going running a bit. I am by no means an actual runner (I usually run out of breath walking up stairs to be honest), but I've been enjoying getting outside and being active. My Dad purchased these beautiful shoes for me from our local Nike outlet, so they weren't as spendy as the actual Nike website, but I think they're worth it either way. I adore these shoes; they're so comfortable, and so cushiony. Not to mention, the classic black and white is adorable. If you're looking for new running shoes, I suggest checking out Nike!


That's it for January, guys. I hope the first month of your year has been wonderful, and I will see you with my next set of favorites at the end of February! 


No comments:

Post a Comment