Wednesday, March 2, 2016

2016 Academy Awards: My Picks For Best Dressed

Sunday night was the night every actor and actress dreams about; The 88th Annual Academy Awards! Seeing that I shared my favorite looks of the night last year, I thought I'd do it again! This year's red carpet was filled with so much beauty, I could hardly contain my excitement. Stunning gowns, intricate makeup looks, and new hairdos bombarded the evening, and I loved every minute of it. Here's my top five favorites!


Saoirse Ronan


It's been like three days and I am still not over this Calvin Klein dress. It's such a stunning color on such a stunning woman! I'm a big fan of Saoirse, and she was Best Dressed of the night in my book.


Brie Larson


A huge congratulations to Brie for taking home the Best Actress Oscar! Room was a truly exceptional film, and this Gucci dress just made me smile. The color was something we didn't see on anyone else, and all of her add ons made it perfect for her fun personality.

Daisy Ridley


Oh my goodness, my love for this woman is insane! I adore Daisy, and this Chanel gown killed me. She might have only been a presenter, but she truly shined on the carpet!

Margot Robbie


Margot looked like a real-life Oscar, and I love it. She is so beautiful, and this gold Tom Ford gown fit her perfectly. Like Daisy, she was just a presenter, but this look is incredible!

Alicia Vikander


Alicia was a big winner on Sunday night, taking home the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Danish Girl. Her custom made yellow Louis Vuitton number reminded me of Belle from Beauty & the Beast, and I love it!



Right after the Academy Awards every year, the big party to be seen at is Vanity Fair's Oscar Party. Everyone who is someone seems to be there, so I thought I would also share my favorite looks from the event as well!


Taylor Swift


I feel like this dress, is the Blank Space version of Taylor, brought to life. This is a Alexandre Vauthier Couture piece, and she looks so badass. I love Taylor regardless, but this is a good change from her normal style!

Lorde


This Monique Lhullier gown needs to be in my closet ASAP. The tulle and beading are so beautiful, and it's such a edgy/girly look. Lorde was Taylor's date down the carpet, and she looked incredible!

Hailee Steinfeld


Hailee looks like a gosh darn princess in this Elie Saab dress! Black is usually a safe choice to go with, but this is another edgy gown that I really love.

Diane Krueger


Diane is one of my biggest influences when it comes to fashion, and this dress did not disappoint me. It's a stunning Reem Acra gown; it almost looks like lingerie, and I adore it.

Lily Collins


Another look that I'm not over quite yet. Lily rocked this gold Saint Laurent gown, and was picture perfect. My pick for Best Dressed at the after party!


Tell me your favorite looks from the night in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment